From flawless cat eyes to Scotch tape stencils, these tricks will ensure you never leave the house with crooked liner again.
1. Concealer keeps liner in place all day.
Using a brush, dab and blend concealer directly under your lash line.
2. Tightlining is good for those who don’t want to look too “done.”
Take a small brush dipped in gel liner or a liquid eyeliner with a superfine tip and dot liner in between your lashes above your waterline for subtle definition.
3. Use white liner to open up your eyes (literally) in all sorts of ways.
Use a white pencil on your browbone, lid, and/or waterline to instantly look more awake.
4. Keep your waterline eyeliner from running or disappearing during the day.
Lock in your pencil with shadow and you’ll find your liner will last SO much longer.
5. Get a perfect wing with ease.
Just outline a tiny triangle and fill that sucker in.
6. For a more toned-down look, try this teensy flick.
Make it as dramatic or subtle as you like.
7. If this still seems too hard, use a Scotch tape stencil to make it foolproof.
This minute-and-a-half-long video will change your eyelining life forever.
8. Use eyeshadow and an angled brush for a softer look.
If you find liquid eyeliner too intimidating or stark, this powder eyeliner is an easier jumping-off point for cat eyes.
9. Or you could just say “fuck it” and use a decal.
These Eye Rock ones are available for purchase at Birchbox.
10. Once you’ve got one of those techniques down, you can get a bit more colorful.
Easy rainbow eyeliner will earn you at least 7,572 compliments each time you leave the house with it on.
12. Combine powder and pencil for a sultry, smoky effect.
13. Get glittery.
You’ll probably want to use a good primer to keep this one in place.
14. Get a unique scalloped look.
Homemade stencils are the jam for cute shapes like this.